A unique treatment to eliminate toxins from the blood.
One of the five most powerful treatments in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, there are five prime treatments to eliminate toxins from the body known as Panchakarma.
Pancha = “Five.”
Karma = “Action.”
The “five actions” are:
1. Vamana (Therapeutic vomiting)
2. Virechena (Purgation)
3. Basti (Enema)
4. Nasya (Nasal cleanse)
5. Rakta Mokshana (Blood liberation)
The way ayurvedic medicine “liberates” blood is through the unique blood letting method of leech therapy.
Leech Therapy is indicated for:
- Skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis - according to Ayurveda, toxins that manifest as skin diseases are mostly stored in the blood.
- Blood diseases
- Necrosis: failure of blood supply
- Varicose veins, spider veins and obstructed veins
- Arthritis and joint issues
- Blood clotting - (leeches contain the most powerful anti-coagulant known to man).
- Excess pitta, or heat and acidity
- Improving nerve activity and blood flow
Australian Hospitals Can’t Resist Using Leeches Today
Today in the Australian state New South Wales, alone, over 20 hospitals use leeches in their medical practice. In Europe they use leeches even more. They are mainly used post-surgery to bring back blood quickly to heal the site. Their is just no other anti-coagulant that is more powerful to increase blood circulation for healing.
The Process of Leech Treatment:
- Before placing medical grade leeches on your body to have a suck, preparation treatments such as abhyanga massage and sweating treatments are performed for a few days to loosen up, move and pull deep seated toxins to be collected in the peripheral blood tissue.
- Then the purified and hospital grade leeches are placed onto the skin om the target area until they naturally latch on and gently start sucking.
- Sucking can last for 15 minutes and go up to two hours. Everyone is different. The leeches are left on until they have had enough to drink and naturally fall off.
- Leech therapy does not hurt. It is like a teeny tiny pinch.
- After the leeches are off, a herbal anti-bacterial and wound healing paste is applied along with a bandage over the small prick.
The Leech Also Gives Back Fluid
The leech inserts a special nectar from their saliva back into the humans blood that makes the bodily intelligence to send back the bad blood only. What more is that this fluid it inserts into our body, known as Hirudin, is the most potent anti-coagulant known to man.
Unique Method of Blood Letting
A unique feature about leech therapy is that leeches are bias - they only suck toxic blood and not the pure blood.
“Just as the swan drinks only the milk from a diluted milk, similarly the leeches drink only the bad blood first from the pool of (vitiated) blood.”
~ Astanga Samgraha of Vaghbata, ch 35, 4.
A Divine Tool of Ayurveda
Lord Dhanvantari, the lord of Ayurveda and the health aspect of consciouses, brought four vital instruments to the world in each of his four hands:
1. Amrit Kalash - A pot of nectar.
2. The sound/knowledge of Ayurveda
3. Lord Vishnu’s Chakra (wheel used as a weapon)
4. A LEECH!
The Importance of Blood
Some Ayurvedic Sages even say that Rakta (Blood) is a 4th Dosha.
That’s right, consider Vata, Pitta, Kapha, Rakta!
This is because blood is the only tissue in the body that can be vitiated by itself, all other tissues are vitiated by the doshas.