Relationships of love and service and having great loving sex are fantastic innate ways to express and outlet spiritual energy.
This potent energy must be directed appropriately for enlightenment, love, supreme fulfilment and a harmonious society.
Join the #1 bestselling relationship author of all time, plus expert on sex, Dr. John Gray, in this rich podcast episode!
About Dr. John Gray
John Gray is the author of the most well-known and trusted relationship book of all time, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. USA Today listed his book as one of the top 10 most influential books of the last quarter century. In hardcover, it was the #1 bestselling book of the 1990s. Dr. Gray’s books are translated into approximately 45 languages in more than 100 countries and continues to be a bestseller.
Dr. Gray has written over 20 books. His most recent book is Beyond Mars and Venus. His Mars/Venus book series has forever changed the way men and women view their relationships.
John helps men and women better understand and respect their differences in both personal and professional relationships. His approach combines specific communication techniques with healthy, nutritional choices that create the brain and body chemistry for lasting health, happiness and romance.
His many books, blogs and free online workshops at MarsVenus.com provide practical insights to improve relationships at all stages of life and love. An advocate of health and optimal brain function, he also provides natural solutions for overcoming depression, anxiety and stress to support increased energy, libido, hormonal balance and better sleep.
He has appeared repeatedly on Oprah, as well as on The Dr. Oz Show, TODAY, CBS This Morning, Good Morning America, and others. He has been profiled in Time, Forbes, USA Today, and People. He was also the subject of a three-hour special hosted by Barbara Walters.
John Gray lives in Northern California was happily married for over 30 years from which came three grown daughters and four grandchildren. He is an avid follower of his own health and relationship advice.
In this Episode we Discuss:
The greeting that is “Jai Guru Deva”
How John transitioned from a pure celibate monk to a highly sexual beings, the worlds most successful relationship author and teacher on sex.
Channelling sexual energy up into the higher energy centres of the body.
Love making as a spiritual practice
- Healthy skepticism - required for the modern healthcare system.
- We are loosing our trust in doctors and public medicine.
- Trust is essential. It brings in the ability for the patient to let go. Surrender.
- Ayurveda is the opposite.
- The incredible public trust is being threatened - patients tell doctors things they wouldn’t tell their spouse, within seconds of meeting them!
- Patients are hungry for knowledge.
Having sex with a stranger vs. having sex with someone you love.
- Sex with a Stranger/Impersonal sex - Feeling love when having sex with strangers is fake love and not sustainable, one keeps searching. It is an addiction. You “love” something that doesn’t really nourish you. Masturbation is one of them. Off-the-chart dopamine levels.
- Sex with someone you love has a more balancing and dynamic chemical cocktail of hormones.
Used to be the "7 year itch." Then it was the 3 year itch. And now sometimes it’s the one night stand itch.
Expressing the Energy You Cultivate
Putting your energy out in the world and then it reciprocates back in. Cycling the love and cycling the energy. This benefits others in the world and in relationships.
Getting so high also requires you to bring the energy down.
Gurus teaching celibacy but having sex.
Gurus getting vilified for having sex.
There’s nothing wrong with sex! But society condemns sex. Plus the gurus are teaching celibacy!
Penetrating into another person through listening
The dance of connecting and separating for alone time in a relationship.
Leisha Vidya - Faint remains of ignorance.
How to Have the Best Sex with the Same Person
This is the higher teaching.
Stimulating a woman to reach high oestrogen levels are a necessity for the woman’s body.
Rising together in unity in a Monogamous relationship.
How polyamories cannot sustain that passion with one person, due to the absence of skills to sustain polarity.
The importance of polarity to have a relationship of supreme love.
Burn outs in marriage due to loss of sex drive.
When kings had multiple wives
Meditation as a way to find what your mission is here on earth.
Semen Retention - To Open the Heart (but caution ⚠️ )
- This is a highly advanced practice.
- Suppressing the natural urges as an influential cause of disease.
- John used to get prostate infections when practicing semen retention in the 80s. Any chronic inflection can later turn to cancer or swelling of the prostate gland.
John's (brief) approach to semen retention
- Exercise certain muscle groups
- Practice restraint - stop before the urge comes and connect with feeling of love and connection.
- The objective is to ramp up the sexual energy till your heart opens up and you feel more love. When that love comes, let it relax and feel the love.
- The role of woman - be in harmony with the man’s energy. Letting go of the attachment to orgasm.
- To experience orgasmic energy happening to you, within other aspects of life, rather than you grabbing onto it and controlling it.
The Challenge of Women Masturbating
De-sensitising the clitoris and creating a release which causes an addiction to it which creates a “fantasy oestrogen.” Where connecting with a man creates more authentic oestrogen.
- Honouring our gender that our human body was blessed with (for those that were born with a definitive gender).
- With the rise of consciousness and people becoming more spiritual aware, they are able to access both their feminine and masculine.
- Gender confusion as a potential cause for divorce.
- The trend of todays culture of women going more towards their masculine and men going more towards their feminine and what that means.
How men should talk about and express their emotions and feelings
Recommendations for those searching for their soul mate
- Book: Mars Venus on a Date: 5 stages for finding your soul mate.
- Sharpening your discernment.
- Going through stages with the partner.
- You must be authentically connected to yourself first.
- #239 The Life-Stylist Podcast: Higher Powered: Autobiography of a Sex and Love Yogi with John Gray
- Classes on Sex - marsvenus.com
- Book on finding your soul mate and dating: Mars Venus on a Date: 5 stages for finding your soul mate.
Support The Show
Please leave me a comment below (I love to read every single one).
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.