What got Merilyn into being an activist
My sister suffered severe and distressing dermatitis when she moved to fluoridated Townsville – then one of the few fluoridated towns in Qld.
Being such a controversial and heated topic, and I thank you for being on the front line here, What Hurdles or friction have you suffered?
Defamation and verbal abuse – mostly from a very senior Qld Health Dentist who is the Qld govt appointed lobbyist for forced fluoridation.
At public meetings I have both inferred I am a liar, or outright called a liar by this dentist. On radio and he has claimed that I make up statistics. In newspaper articles, I and other activists opposed to fluoridation are referred to as nutters, flat earthers, conspiracy theorists, extreme fringe groups and anti-vaxxers.
Types of Fluoride
It’s not just one chemical. It’s not just a simple yes or no. It’s not B&W.
- Calcium Fluoride occurs in nature and naturally found in the body. However, high levels in water cause devastating dental and skeletal fluorosis and other damage in a number of countries.
- We do point that the most common fluoride chemicals deliberately added to drinking water do not even occur in nature (Sodium Silicofluoride and Hydrofluorosilicic Acid) but are created from the fluoride waste captured in the smokestacks of phosphate fertiliser plants.
- Silicofluorides have never been tested. They don’t clean them up, they have heavy metals in them.
- These chemicals have never properly tested for safety: “Fluorosilicates have never been tested for safety in humans.” ~ Dr. Hardy Limeback, BSc, DDS, PhD
- Liquid Hydrofluorosilicic Acid used in NSW or Victoria comes from the Incitec Pivot fertiliser plant in Geelong.
- In West Australia it comes from the Wesfarmers owned CSBP fertiliser plant. Hydrofluorosilicic Acid is extremely dangerous and extremely corrosive and has to be tankered in special rubber lined tankers. It comes directly from the fertiliser plants to water treatment plants.Videos show it burning through concrete at a concentrated level. And at a diluted level, what do you think it’s doing on a cellular level?
- Sodium fluoride is usually added to water in smaller rural towns because it comes in smaller bags. Sodium fluoride was the first chemical to be used to fluoridate water, it was originally from the waste fluoride left over from Aluminium smelting – but then they moved mostly to the Silicofluoridesfrom phosphate fertilisers.
- Sulfuryl Fluoride– another kettle of fish that most have never heard of. It is a termite fumigant allowed to be used in America and Australia. In Australia, its use is allowed with certain foods – all whole grains, all whole nuts, all dried fruits. Much higher levels in food allowed than in water, but no follow up testing is done to see how much fluoride is in foods. –
- The fluoride added to toothpaste pharmaceutical grade; water fluoridation chemicals are industrial grade and are allowed to contain small amounts of heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, cadmium and mercury.
Why was Fluoride Initially Added to Water and Why Does it Continue to Be? – Most countries in the world DO NOT fluoridate!
Fluoridation is an American idea that started in the US in the 1940s when World War 2 was still raging.
In the 1920s in America a dentist was working for an aluminum company called ALCOA in Colorado investigating whether Aluminium in water was causing ugly brown stains on teeth.
At the time aluminum saucepans were suspected of causing cancer. It was discovered that it was actually fluoride in water that caused the bad stains (now known as dental fluorosis).
Some years later there was an association made with higher fluoride levels in water and less tooth decay.
It was not investigated whether higher levels of calcium or other minerals in the water were responsible for less decay.
An executive of ALCO resigned his position and went to work for what became the US Public Health Service, where he successfully lobbied for the introduction of fluoridation.
A ten-year trial was started, after 5 years, even though children born at the beginning of the trial had not even yet received their permanent teeth, the trial has declared a success and fluoridation was rapidly forced on many USA communities.
ALCO had found a market for its waste fluoride by supplying Sodium Fluoride to water treatment plants.
Previous to that Sodium Fluoride was in general use only as an insecticide.
Fluoride was a by-product from the pesticide and aluminum industry and needed to be disposed of as hazardous waste, and it is very expensive to dispose hazardous waste.
By adding fluoride to drinking water, phosphate fertiliser manufactures get paid for their fluoride waste, they don’t have to pay to dispose of what would be toxic waste. It would be very expensive to dispose of fluoride as a toxic waste.
Usually, they add fluorosilicic acid. An acid where sodium fluoride or other mixtures and forms. This is synthetic and plenty of studies show the harm of this.
Australia was an early follower of this USA practice, with Beaconsfield in 1953 being the first town in Australia to fluoridate.
Most countries in the world have never adopted fluoridation, only 5 % or less of the world’s population fluoridate their drinking water, - which means 95 % of the world’s population do not.
Most countries in Europe don’t fluoridate water, however, a few counties allow the sale of fluoridated salt (for personal use only).
Although the WHO advocates fluoridation, a large majority of the countries that are members of the WHO do not fluoridate their drinking water.
Britain fluoridates, but only 10 % of it’s population.
London doesn’t fluoridate, neither does Paris, Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam etc, etc.
China does not fluoridate - however, almost all the Sodium Silicofluoride added to Australian water is imported from China.
There are 193 countries that are members of the World Health Organisation (WHO)- 168 of those 193 WHO member countries don’t do water fluoridation!
Israel was a fluoridating country, in 2014 Israel ended fluoridation after nearly 35 years of fluoridating, with Health Minister citing health concerns.
There are more people in the USA drinking fluoridated water than the rest of the world put together.
Mining phosphorus (bones) released a by product of fluoride. Then they dumped it in different locations but the problem is after dumping it caused dead zones - dead water or land.
They say it is for our dental health. To prevent dentist visits and save money.
Cholera Epidemic in the UK
London’s Soho district were falling ill in large numbers in the 1850s. They developed explosive diarrhea which was watery and white and it never stopped. Each patient would produce 20 liters of stools per day which was dumped in the cesspools below their cramped houses in Soho. They all had cholera.
Dr. Snow never was able to culture cholera from the water supply because we did not have the ability to do such things in the 1850’s. His work led to the disabling of the water pump and he went on to chlorinate the Broad Street pump. This is how water sanitation took hold in all of Britain late in the 19th century. This is where water fluoridation ideas first got its foothold.
Mass medication- treating ALL people - all ages, all body types.
Once they learn this ability and procedure of putting this chemical in the water supply, they may put other waste products into water like - lithium to decrease manic depression or statin drugs to deal with cholesterol.
Once you start something like this, where do you stop?
This form of Mass Medication violates two principles of medical ethics:
- The principle of controlled dose -can’t control how much water people drink
- The principle of informed consent to medication
Since when does the government care about our health and want to medicate us? – Specifically our dental health.
How to truly address dental health as a collective nation.
Techniques and education.
Chemicals cocktails are synergistic
Exposure to a mixture of chemicals is far more harmful than exposure to individual chemicals.
It significantly increases all sorts of biological effects.
Ayurveda says the same with bhasmas: Metallic preparations as medicine in Ayurveda. Synergising different bhasmas changes the therapeutic action.
Fluoride + aluminum becomes an endocrine disruptor – that means it disrupts hormonal signals.
Aluminofluoride complexes- With the appearance of acid rain and the use of aluminium in industry, there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of uncomplexed aluminium in ecosystems.
- The cause of dialysis encephalopathy / dialysis dementiaor dementia in renal failure patients. (Alfrey et al. 1976; Meiri et al. 1991). Speech disorders precede dementia and convulsions. The mode of death has been reported as sudden cardiac arrest usually associated with acute pulmonary oedema (Elliot et al. 1978).
Lead + fluoride = neuro-toxic effect.
Use of chlorine in tap water. Use it to disinfect, it takes away a lot of pathologies. That makes sense.
But don’t drink the chlorine.
Fluoride, on the other hand, doesn’t have a place in water.
Chlorine reacts with metals and causes a carcinogenic by-product.
Fluoride related harm and health implications
Fluoridated water brushes past teeth for a few seconds when drinking, water is swallowed and the fluoride is absorbed from stomach and intestine. Then the health complications occur.