Immunising baby or child. I’m not talking about vaccinations, but practical innate interventions to not only strengthen your baby, prevent disease and infection, but for them to be the most radiant, healthy baby of the lot!
Ayurvedic master, Dr. A.V. (Krishna) Raju will talk about the importance of Ayurvedic oil massage (Abhyanga) for a baby. Then Dylan Smith will share other ways to immunise your baby through balancing the mother's health, herbs for the baby, diet, and other specific regimen.
About Dr. Vaidya A.V. Krishna Raju
The Raju Family are internationally renowned leading experts in authentic Ayurveda (the science of health and longevity).
Practicing for over 13 generations, their speciality is a most refined, accurate and comprehensive patient evaluation through Pulse Diagnosis. They also specialise in creating very effective and individualised treatments using precise knowledge and application of rare and powerful herbal formulas.
Vaidya Krishna Raju is the director and head doctor at his family clinic in Hyderabad, India, where they treat thousands of people who travel from all over the world for their expert treatment and advice for everything from prevention to the seemingly incurable.
In this Episode we Discuss:
The two most important factors for baby are bath and abhyanga (oil massage), daily.
- Preventing Disease - With Abhyanga we can satisfy vata very easily. There are many vata diseases, much more than the other doshas. So we pacify vata from the childhood, we can prevent so many diseases.
- Detoxifies - That is why it is important to bathe the baby after, to wash off the toxins the massage “pulled out” via lipophilic action.
- Improves muscle and bone growth.
- “Sramapaha” - reduces exertion.
- Improves sleep - by pacifying the nervous system.
- Abhyanga is like exercise to a baby.
- Sesame Oil - Improves calcium levels, bone and hair growth.
- Regimen - After delivery give massage every day except for next 11 days.
- Head is the most important area to massage - Strengthens the skull, prevents headaches and enhances sensory health.
- Oils to use for massage - Ideally medicated oils, otherwise cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil. Beware with sesame oil as it may cause a skin reaction or allergy depending on the baby.
Other methods of Ayurvedic Immunisation: (12:55)
- Balance mum’s physiology - post-natal herbs, garlic, ghee, ojas increasing foods. Just giving baby-abhyanga will increase oxytocin in the mother. Ensure proper breastfeeding.
- Herbs for baby - swarna prasa, shiva drops, pusya drops, swasakastank yog. (15:02)
- 40 days of intimacy between mum and baby.
- Diet - timely food, proper food introduction.
- Sattvic (pure) environment in the home.
- Bath - give after abhyanga. Lukewarm baths daily.
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner who hold holistic knowledge before starting any new health practice.