Divinity blossoms where woman are respected.
Women’s health is of the utmost importance since it is the woman who brings the human being onto earth.
If we can optimise the health of women, we can optimise the health of humankind.
About Our Guest: Lara Briden
Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and the period revolutionary—leading the change to better periods.
Informed by a strong science background and more than twenty years with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women’s health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her book Period Repair Manual is a manifesto of natural treatment for better hormones and better periods and provides practical solutions using nutrition, supplements, and natural hormones. Now in its second edition, the book has been an underground sensation and has worked to quietly change the lives of tens of thousands of women.
Lara has helped thousands of women find relief for period problems such as PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, and peri-menopause and currently has consulting rooms in Christchurch, New Zealand.
In This Episode We Discuss:
The Contraceptive Pill Paradigm
The paradigm that The Contraceptive Pill can replace women’s hormones or be as good as women’ hormones.
Reclaiming ovarian function and reclaiming women’s own hormones.
The importance of ovulation.
The Menstrual Cycle - cultivating shakti (divine feminine energy)
Cravings During the Menstrual Cycle
A quality source of magnesium may help with cravings during the cycle. Lara recommends Magnesium Glycinate.
The Infertility Epidemic
- Consider the male factor! Male sperm quantity and quality is rapidly declining.
- Rise in exposure to environmental toxins. This has accumulation affect over the generations.
- Insulin resistance.
- Microbiome influences infertility.
- Are semen analysis’s adequate?
- Being on the contraceptive pill may cause infertility.
- Foods to nourish the reproductive organs.
Dairy and Cows Milk
How your regular cows dairy (A1 casein) can be a problem for inflammation but A2 dairy can be highly medicinal.
PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Basically the situation of elevated androgens (other hormone).
- The problem with ultrasounds - not a valid way to diagnose PCOS.
- Commit to increased amount of food for six months but ensure digestion is proper.
Immature Reproductive Organs
Compromises the ovary-brain connection (Hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis).
The Contraceptive Pill
- Pill bleed is not a real bleed.
- Can cause immaturity of the menstrual cycle.
Veganism and Menstrual Health, particularly Amenorrhea
- Naturally it is a smooth transitioning period that can be symptom free.
- It is closely related to insulin resistance.
- Mindset and expectations around menopause.
see show notes above.
Support The Show
Please leave me a comment below (I love to read every single one).
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.