Your ice melted into sharp divine nourishment.
Your feminine nature to care for my muscles that have been playfully mangled by mountains is comfortably appreciated by my inner child. Adored by the masculine in me that treasures this inter-linked support system: - Purusha & Prakriti.
The local peripheral skin cooling sensitises my hormones and optimises adipose (fat) tissue without damaging the overlying skin or the underlying muscle layers. - SamaDhatu
Your ability to purify imbues dignity, wealth, comfort and abundance as I bathe in your pure untouched icy-cold sacred hexagonal structures. - Laksmi
While I simply float and breathe, your effortless flow treats to me to a remarkable vascular workout. - Hrdaya❤️
You provide dynamic circumstances to align me with my breath, ultimately for euphoric mastery over my body. - Prana
You stimulate mitochondria to produce thermal heat (thermogenesis) which turns up the metabolism, activates the thyroid gland and enhances cellular communication. - Arogya
Benefits of Bathing in Cold Water
There are many benefits of bathing with cold water, or subjecting your body to extremely cold temperatures (thermogenesis):
- Vascular workout - Vassal dilating your blood vessels (we have about 100,000km of blood vessels in our body which are not normally under our voluntary control). Open blood vessels with hot water and close with cold water.
- Taking control over your breath = mastery over your body. Psychology. Remaining comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. But for those who cannot be comfortable, it is not good.
- Immune system boost - High adrenaline response suppresses the immune system. Psycho-neuro-immunology: the link between our mind, nervous system, immune system and our brain.
- Communicates with and up-regulates mitochondria.
- Induces brown fat production (around big blood vessels, heart and lungs) fat is brown because it is so dense with mitochondria. These mitochondria produce thermal heat (thermogenesis) rather than ATP. They encourage white-fat metabolism.
- Turns up metabolism and activates the thyroid gland.
- Cold suppresses the mTOR pathway, a molecular signaling pathway that is responsible for either growth or repair, depending on whether it is stimulated or inhibited. To up-regulate maintenance and repair, boost longevity, and reduce your risk for cancer, you need to suppress the mTOR pathway, and the most efficient way to do this is to limit your protein intake.
- Helps sleep.
- Cells become more efficient - Hypoxia forces your body to clean up the house and become more efficient in how they handle oxygen. When the amount of oxygen reaching the tissues is deficient, the cells freak out, their life is on the line. So any free oxygen radicals get mopped up, any proteins that have malformed get auto-phaged, any cells that are pre-cancerous, aging, not working well, abhorrent get apoptosed (cell death).
- Promotes cell stem circulation to regenerate tissues - since stem cells live in hypoxic environments and
Note of Caution
Cold Water Thermogenesis should be enjoyed and have some feelings of comfort.
There are risks of cold shock (it is rare), and your cardiac risks should be low.
Skin colour of pink to cherry red is fine, but if it is white it is excessive. Shivering is not a good sign.
Do you do cold water bathing? Comment below 👇