This delicious banana smoothie recipe will leave you completely and utterly delighted.
- 2 large bananas
- 3-6 medjool dates, stones removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of almonds that have been soaked & skin removed. Roughly crushed.
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Good pinch of crushed cardamom seeds.
- 1/2-1 cup of water or coconut milk (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve at room temperature (since cold drinks and food put out Agni/digestive fire).
*Please note banana is best eaten alone. Combining Banana with some coconut oil (good to reduce the high blood sugar spikes from banana), cardamom and ghee is also fine. This recipe is for those who want to get a bit more creative and transition to a healthier banana smoothie option.
For more ayurvedic recipes click HERE.