A whopping 80% of Australians and Americans experience back pain.
1 in 7 Australians report back problems.
Unfortunately, many folks have become accustomed to this discomfort, and this dull body becomes the norm and they don’t recognise this as an issue, nor act on it. They have lost the cellular memory of a free and healthy body that is their natural state and their birth right.
This method to treat back and spinal disorders is so unique from any other methods out there today.
This keeps getting restated at Vital Veda through the astonishing results we get from patients who undergo this treatment. Some who have lived with pain or discomfort for years and tried so many other therapies.
Other treatment approaches, conventional or alternative medicine, all certainly have relevance and may even be used in congruence with this treatment.
- Firstly a back and neck massage is performed to activate the tissues and prepare the body to openly invite the basti to do its work.
- Medicated, analgesic oil is “held” by a well (made from flour), localised over the targeted vertebrae.
- The practitioner maintains the oil at a comfortably hot temperature so the oil and the herbs in it can penetrate all layers of skin, deep into tissues of muscle, fat (includes ligaments and tendons), bone, bone marrow, and nerves.
- Stiff and tight muscles will instantly be lubricated and softened. This solves the problems of many issues such as those listed below.
- When muscles get stiff, they loose the ability to expand and contract.
- Here nerves get compressed and conduction does not pass freely.
- The energy of movement (Vata) is obstructed, and will try to create path with force, thus Pain.
- This may cause a disk to bulge and slip.
- When the intervertebral disc slips, nerves will touch edges and produce pain. Sometimes manipulation (e.g. soft or deep tissue massage) treatment will tear tissues and can pinch nerves even more.
A back Basti counters the roughness, dryness, stiffness and tightness, allowing conduction to pass uninterruptedly, totally free from one neuron to the other.
Kati & Greeva Basti is indicated for:
- Lower and upper back and neck pain
- Slipped discs
- Herniated discs
- Sports injuries
- Stiff neck
- Helps repair nerve damage and heals ligaments
- Relieves sprain and muscular spasm
- Nourishes the vertebral discs and prevents spinal degeneration
- Frozen shoulder
- Can prevent or delay surgery.
1 session (75 mins): $150 | Session of 3: $400 | Session of 5: $600 | Session of 7: $750
Transformative Back Therapy Package
Back Massage +
Back Bastis +
Body Tissue Herbal Paste Application +
Sound Therapy +
Subtle Marma (Vital Point) Therapy
1 session (90 mins or more): $180 | Session of 3: $500 | Session of 5: $750 | Session of 7: $840
“I had lower back issues and completed a series of 7 Basti’s which included massage with medicated oils. The quality of the treatment, the setting, even down to the relaxing whale music, made it a very special experience. Not only has it alleviated my back pain but also gave me a rejuvenated psychological boost.
I don’t hesitate to recommend Dylan who can offer other high quality Ayurvedic treatments that will make you feel on the top of the world. I actually attended a brief mini panchakarma session for a week in India with Basti’s but found Dylan’s Bastis’ to be more effective, this might have to do with his strong healing energy, his intention and use of quality medicated oils.”
~ Trevor, HR.
\"I received a Kati and Greeva Basti treatment for my spine, back and neck with Vital Veda in Sydney. This was a deeply relaxing experience, I felt as if I was away on a retreat. Amazingly, after the treatment, my senses felt sharpened and I experienced an increased appreciation for nature and being outdoors. I’d love to do the treatment again. Dylan also prescribed a diet, lifestyle and herbal plan that has been easy to follow, feels so nurturing and has helped me feel so much better.\"
~ Lisa, Teacher
\"Dylan Smith is extremely passionate and thorough when it comes to Ayurvedic treatments. I received the back Basti musculoskeletal treatments from Dylan in Melbourne. I have experienced lower back and thoracic pain ever since having my baby 15 months ago, constantly feeling the strain when picking her up, in yoga classes, and after long walks, something I never had before having my baby. I went to a yoga class after my 4th Basti and the pain was literally GONE! No strain/pulling/weak feeling in my lower back at all any my thoracic feels open again. I\'m so happy I decided to have this treatment and highly recommend Dylan\'s Basti treatments to anyone who has experienced any sort of back pain.\"
~ Natasha, Marketing Agent
The medicated oils used in our treatments contain complex and precious formulations of a vast range of organic, wild-crafted and rare herbs. Purified and prepared with love and mantras (primordial sounds) by the Raju Family of Vaidyas.
This ensures safety and enhances a divine potency, and is one of the factors that make our treatments profoundly effective and treasured by so many.
A series of treatments is recommended to administer a more complete and deep effect. However, do one and see how you feel (you’ll probably want more).
Take home oil is included in external basti treatments.