Benefits of Cooling Lassi
- Helps with skin conditions such as eczema, hives and psoriasis.
- Perhaps the most important food for pitta imbalance as it balances heat and clears the physical channels.
- Lassi is very hydrating, and a great drink to have with lunch.
- Improves digestion and a fantastic pro-biotic.
- Lassi is the best alkaliser.
- As Lassi improves digestion and absorption it ultimately supports calcium absorption and bone health.
- Plain lassi with a pinch of salt is the best remedy for haemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- A great food to introduce dairy to a lactose intolerant person after they have corrected their agni.
Disclaimer: Note that this method of mixing yoghurt and water is a simplified version of making Takra. Real Takra / Buttermilk (not very much different to mixing yoghurt and water) is buttermilk from churning either cream or yoghurt into butter and collecting the buttermilk.
Related Podcast Episode: The Super-Nectar Ayurvedic Beverage that is Beyond Divine & Simple to Make: Takra | Dylan Smith #075