A sweet lassi recipe that everyone should have at hand. Refreshing, delicious and easy to digest.
Benefits of Sweet Lassi
- Improves digestion and a fantastic pro-biotic.
- Lassi is the best alkaliser.
- As Lassi improves digestion and absorption it ultimately supports calcium absorption and bone health.
- Balances heat (pitta) and clear the physical channels.
- It is the best remedy (with a pinch of salt) for haemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- A great food to introduce dairy to a lactose intolerant person after they have corrected their agni.
- Lassi is very hydrating, and a great drink to have with lunch.
Disclaimer: Note that this method of mixing yoghurt and water is a simplified version of making Takra. Real Takra / Buttermilk (not very much different to mixing yoghurt and water) is buttermilk from churning either cream or yoghurt into butter and collecting the buttermilk.
Related Podcast Episode: The Super-Nectar Ayurvedic Beverage that is Beyond Divine & Simple to Make: Takra | Dylan Smith #075
Related Recipe: Digestive Lassi