Purify and divinely develop yourself by doing the inner work. This cultivates inner healing capabilities.
Then use that energy (shakti / siddhi) to profoundly influence and heal others.
This episode of The Vital Veda Podcast explores encyclopaedic Vedic wisdom that is the seed of Ayurvedic medicine" "The Science of Healing & Higher Consciousness."
Dr. Suhas G. Kshirsagar, BAMS, MD (Ayu. India)
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar is a classically trained Ayurvedic physician and a gold medalist from prestigious Pune University.
A Rig Vedic Bramhin by tradition and an accomplished clinician, he adds tremendous value to his clients and students. He is an insightful Medical Astrologer and Vedic Counsellor.
He worked with His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for over 10 years.
During these years he and his wife Dr. Manisha, traveled extensively all around the world, teaching Ayurvedic Medicine, Jyotish, designing courses & curriculums, directing Ayurvedic Clinics and helping design new Ayurvedic formulations.
He was the Chairman for Maharishi College of Vedic Medicine, a Professor at Maharishi University of Management and the Medical Director, at the Raj Pancha-Karma center in Fairfield IA.
He is a motivational speaker, presenting Ayurvedic Wisdom and sharing stage with Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Dr. Oz and many other leaders in the field.
He currently leads an Ayurvedic Clinic offering PanchaKarma, Diet & Lifestyle consults, Vedic Astrology, Vedic Counselling, Medical dietology & herbal medicine. He currently teaches the “Ayurvedic Wellness Counsellor” & “Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner” programs to over 200 students, at different locations in United States.
- One of the most academically accomplished Ayurvedic Physicians in the United States.
- A clinician who has treated more than 15000 clients successfully
- Lead faculty at several Ayurvedic institutions, worldwide
- Lead Formulator of Zrii & NutriiVeda
- Ayurvedic Consultant, Faculty: Chopra Center for Well being
- Research Consultant for numerous Ayurvedic Nutraceuticals
- One of the only Ayurvedic Physician’s practicing Medical Astrology in USA
- Featured presenter at NAMA, ACVA and several other organisations
In this Episode we Discuss:
The Rk Vedic Bramhin Tradition: The Seed of all the other Vedas
- Body of vedic knowledge that is encyclopaedic.
- The source/seed of all the vedic tradition and knowledge vedas. The oldest veda.
- It beholds the totality of all vedas. Holistic (dynamic/silence)
- Human physiology expressing the Veda: Rk Veda constitutes the holistic aspect of Natural Law. It therefore covers all aspects of the physiology.
- Mantra purusha value: the vibrational primordial sound of mantra functions perfectly and orderly.
- The most subjective of all the Vedas. The other Vedas get more and more objective.
Upaveda: Dhanurveda* (various views)
Why Ayurveda was created before humanity and as old age nature
Dr. Suhas G. Kshirsagar’s time with his holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- He gathered and cultivated a large movement of Vaidyas and spread Ayurveda, Jyotish, meditation, and other aspects of the Veda to the west. Re-enlivened it.
- He brought the vedic tradition in to modern science laboratories.
- Through enlivening Veda in the west with modern science, he re-inspired Vedic knowledge in India.
Practicing Ayurveda in the West
- Not having an “arsenal” of Ayurvedic resources when consulting outside of India.
- The importance of diet and lifestyle and kitchen spices.
Using what you have available to you, increase your flexibility to be able to treat others.
Combing psycho emotional response and stress and Vedic Astrology (Jyotish).
Being aware of the cosmic weather (jyotishi) everyday and how that may influence the clients you see.
Qualities of a Vaidya (Ayurvedic physician)
- Daksha - Able, eligible, disciplened.
- Shastras - all shastras needs to be learned. Having detailed knowledge about diseases and treatments.
- Drsta Karma - practical experience of treatments. Practically seeing (drsta) the action.
- Suchi - cleanliness. actually means purity - kaya (physical cleanliness), vacha (pure speech - have to feel the patient as your child. Have to see the God in the patient),
2/3 of Ayurvedic Cikitsa (treatment) is related to the union of Veda and human mind
- Hand of Destiny, grand scheme of things.
- Sattva - boost ones moral stand, will power and discipline.
- Yukti - herbs, diet, lifestyles, panchakarma.
There we can manage the mind, the indriya (sensory organs), motor organs.
The Art & Science of Vedic Counselling
A guiding role that has taken many forms such as the guru, pundit (priest), acharya (sage), or vaidya, or those with such a role.
Such as could be found in each village or community, who provide guidance in all aspects of life, including recommending healing practices, rituals, Yoga, mantra and meditation to help us overcome our difficulties in life and to promote overall well-being.
Mental health starts at the embryological level.
The Alarming Mental Health Epidemics
Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in USA.
Perfection of a Healer
- The patients make you capable of you helping them.
- The importance of Sadhana (rituals and routine) for counselling. - To charge you up and make you vital.
The importance of Suchi (purity) of a physician or counsellor.
How it provides the physician with power and divine capabilities to heal (siddhis) and take the medicine to a complete different level.
Suchi Chikitsa - the purity of the treatment.
Siddha Mantra & Siddha Vaidya (Divine Capabilities of Physicians)
Siddha Vaidya is like a mantrica (mantra) - you may say the same thing, but the way you say it would register in the person so deeply that it works as a mantra.
Business and work life is taking away your happiness.
The impact of circadian rhythms.
“Janapada Dhwamsa” = Epidemics according to Ayurveda.
Covid-19 and Nature's Divine Plan
- A way of nature trying to slow us down.
- Manifested due to adharma.
- Extreme weather patterns is the first way nature changes.
- The relationship with jyotishi (vedic astrology).
Dr. Suhas G. Kshirsagar believes the collective consciousness related to pandemics were exacerbated since the introduction of smart phones.
Passion that you infuse into your self.
- Dharma (your evolutionary role in things),
- Kama (pleasure),
- Artha (wealth),
- Moksa (enlightenment)
Traya Upa Sthambha: 3 Pillar of Health According to Ayurveda
- Ahara (Food)
- Nidra (Sleep)
- BrahmaCarya (Regimen of Creation)
Support The Show
Please leave me a comment below (I love to read every single one).
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.