Are you interested in studying Ayurveda? Do you want to integrate Ayurvedic wisdom and healing techniques into your offerings as a practitioner of any sort?
Or do you want to deepen your understanding and learn about this “Mother of Medicines” for yourself, family or friends.
Perhaps you are curious, and whenever you immerse in potent Vedic wisdom, it lights up your heart.
Well, if you feel a yes to these questions, this podcast episode is designed for you!
Table of Contents
Becoming A Student Of The Veda
The Vedas are the body of knowledge which govern the laws of nature.
Experience The Veda & Do The Inner Work
- Experience the Veda in your human physiology and in your Being – do your inner work, your saddhana, meditation – whatever you want to call it.
- This is why I recommend Vedic Meditation – Check out Friends of Vital Veda to find a Vedic Meditation teacher.
- Ayurveda – start with Dinācarya, rtucarya, food, sleep etc.
- Traya Upastambha – The Three Pillars of Life (Food, Sleep and Regimen of Creation)
- Experience the power of Pancakarma first hand.
- Śuciḥ – Purity of mind, body & soul, one has to begin to embody the Vedic teachings
Learn the practice of Self-Pulse – Learn more HERE
Getting Treatments Yourself and Implementing Ayurvedic Teachings simultaneously.
Dīkśa – Initiation into a lineage of, in this case, Ayurvedic Vaidyas (physicians).
Starting The Intellectual Journey of Learning
The foundation of knowledge which feeds my teaching – sastras, and The Raju Family of Vaidyas.
1. Saśtras – Brihat Triad (“The Great Triad”)
- Caraka Samhita
- Susrtua Samhita
- Astanga Hrdayam / Samgraha of Vaghbata
Slokas – importance
Get Support with reading these so you can fully understand their rich meaning:
- The Raju Vaidyas are going over Astanga Hrdayam online – Learn more HERE
2. The Essence of Ayurvedic Nutrition – course HERE
3. Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
- Don’t do the doṣa quiz – see my video on VV FB – Do You Really Need To Know Your Dosha?
4. Other Resources:
- Dr John Douillard
- Vital Veda Podcast
- David Frawley
- Prashanti De Jager – Navratri cleanse
- Sebastian Poles “Ayurvedic Medicine: The Principles of Traditional Practice” – good to reference herbs
- Dr. T.S. Bairy – Ayurvedic Medicine/Ayurveda, world of plants.
- Dr. Ajayan Sadanandan – expert in ethno-medico botany
5. Full Courses
- Abhyanga: Ayurvedic Oil Massage Course with Vital Veda – HERE
- Bīja Śuddhi Course with the Raju Family – HERE
6. Full Certified Government Courses – very hard to recommend any.
Cautions For The Student
- Marma Points & Therapy – potentially damaging
- Pulse Diagnosis (Nāḍīparīkṣā) – potentially confusing
Please leave me a comment below (I love to read every single one).
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.