Here are light and easy to digest pancakes, that are quick and easy to make, and SUPER YUMMY!
Serves 2-3 Gluten Free
- Good for Kapha, & Pitta body types
- Seasonality: Good in spring, winter and summer
- Buckwheat flour – 1⁄2 cup (a.k.a. “Kuttu flour” in Indian Groceries)
- Non-homogenized milk – 2 tbsp – (can replace with fresh almond milk or add millet & channa flour to make batter stick).
- Water – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cardamom seeds crushed or cardamom powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Ghee for frying
- Fresh coriander, fresh lemon and maple syrup (optional) for garnish.
- Mix all the ingredients, adding water a little at the time, to make a smooth, runny batter.
- Heat tawa or non-stick pan to low heat.
- Coat pan with 1-1.5 teaspoons of ghee, pour on batter to the size you want & spread to make a pancake.
- Optional: add chopped coriander and/or finely crushed macadamia nuts on the raw batter and spread to infuse in with batter.
- When bubbles start appearing on surface of pancake, spoon 1 teaspoon of ghee around edges (if you didn’t start with enough ghee).
- Turnover and cook other side, spooning ghee around edges to make crisp.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice, fresh coriander and mango chutney or maple syrup.
- Good for those trying to lose weight and diabetes.
- Good for suffers of I.B.S. & celiac disease.
- Good for Kapha aggravations such as excess water retention, sinus blockage.
- Good for grain-free cleanses/fasts.
- Great for kids, they love it!
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Sweet, Pungent
- Virya (Energy): Heating
- Vipaka (Post-Digestive effect): Sweet
- Gunas (Qualities): Heavy
- Actions on the doshas: Balances Vata and Kapha, increases Pitta in excess