Here are light and easy to digest pancakes, that are quick and easy to make, and SUPER YUMMY!
Serves 2-3 Gluten Free
- Good for Kapha, & Pitta body types
- Seasonality: Good in spring, winter and summer
- Buckwheat flour – 1⁄2 cup (a.k.a. "Kuttu flour" in Indian Groceries)
- Non-homogenized milk – 2 tbsp - (can replace with fresh almond milk or add millet & channa flour to make batter stick).
- Water – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cardamom seeds crushed or cardamom powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Ghee for frying
- Fresh coriander, fresh lemon and maple syrup (optional) for garnish.
Mix all the ingredients, adding water a little at the time, to make a smooth, runny batter.
Heat tawa or non-stick pan to low heat. Then coat pan with 1-1.5 teaspoons of ghee.
Pour on batter to the size you want & spread to make a pancake.
Optional: add chopped coriander on the raw batter and spread to infuse in with batter.
When bubbles start appearing on surface of pancake, spoon 1 teaspoon of ghee around edges (if you didn't start with enough ghee).
Turnover and cook other side, spooning ghee around edges to make crisp.
Serve with fresh lemon juice, fresh coriander and mango chutney or maple syrup.
- Good for those trying to lose weight and diabetes.
- Good for suffers of I.B.S. & celiac disease.
- Good for Kapha aggravations such as excess water retention, sinus blockage.
- Good for grain-free cleanses/fasts.
- Great for kids, they love it!
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Sweet, Pungent
- Virya (Energy): Heating
- Vipaka (Post-Digestive effect): Sweet
- Gunas (Qualities): Heavy
- Actions on the doshas: Balances Vata and Kapha, increases Pitta in excess