Mould. A hidden and pernicious stealth fungi that most people are not paying enough attention to.
Not only the mould itself and it’s spores, but the mycotoxins! – which are the gas excretions of mould!, and it is this biotoxin, amongst other things, that has the potential to chronically impact our health.
ABOUT DR. JILL CRISTA
Dr. Jill Crista is a naturopathic doctor, best-selling author, and nationally recognised health educator on mold and mold-related illness.
Her passion is to improve health through education, bridging gaps between medical research and clinical practice.
She writes books and offers online courses for those wanting to gain actionable steps to conquer health challenges related to exposure too toxic mold.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
What Exactly is Mould
- Mould is not all bad we need mould – Purpose on the planet: to recycle and decompose.
- But it is useful outside, not inside. We don’t want it inside.
- One of the oldest living creatures on the planet, mould is an adept survivor.
- It is a fungi.
- It has a tendency to come back again and again.
Mycotoxins – most dangerous
- “Gas bombs” / “mould farts” / “exhaust of mould.”
- Only made when mould feels threatened. When competition arises in the field of micro-organisms. Mycotoxins manifest only when other species are trying to get rid of it or compete with it.
- They are used in weapons by militarises around the world.
- Mycotoxins have no detectable order. They have no scent.
- They drive deeper into the body compared to spores and spore fragments. Mycotoxins soak into body systems – further down into respiratory passages.
- 50x smaller than an average spore.
- Our skin has poor defence against mycotoxins.
- Can be ingested in the foods we eat – they wear down our intestinal lining and organs.
- Can be contributor to rain allergies.
Ways mycotoxins affect living beings:
- Mitochondrial damage
- Crosses into the brain and weakens the BBB.
- Crosses the placenta and becomes active inside the uterus (bio-activate in-utero).
- Detectable in breast milk.
- Their goal: to destroy other life. Thus, they are toxic to skin, eyes, biofilms, respiratory system, liver, kidneys, myelin sheath (nervous system insulator).
- Deplete DHA (body’s protective fat).
Mycotoxins are Fat Soluble
Particularly dangerous to the heart and arteries and the thyroid.
The good news, Ayurveda has effective therapies to detox fat soluble toxins.
Healthy fats – Eating copious, clean, correct fats.
Step 1: AVOIDANCE
Categories of Avoidance:
- Air Quality – air filters that traps spores AND cleans mycotoxins.
- Foods to Avoid
- Beverages To Avoid
- Supplements and Medication Caution
- Hobbies and Habits
Biofilms (Slimy glue like protective sheaths).
Locations & Ayurvedic Treatment:
Sinuses – Nasya
Mouth – Gandusha (Oil Pulling)
Intestines (Gut flora) – Basti (Enema), Panchakarma
Vagina – Yoni Pichu, Panchakarma
Eyes – Netra Tarpana
Skin – Abhyanga
anywhere there is microbiome.
Biofilms are naturally occurring bacterial colonies, both in the human body and in the environment.
Mould creates a biofilm in your body. You bring the problem with you where you go.
Mould creates toxic breath
Water damaged building exposure is the key that turns normal sinus fungus into bad guy fungus.
This is how mould can be spread from partner to partner.
to detox the skin and balance the biofilm. Dr. Jill recommends high pro-biotic and enzymatic Moor mud for detox by Torf Spa.
How oversasntisiation contributes to mould by crating an imbalanced micro-biome
How oversasntisiation contributes to mould by crating an imbalanced micro-biome.
Can we become immune to mould?
and other environmental toxins like EMF, pesticides, heavy metals etc. – It depends on your immune system, and how much you want to fill up your cup with these toxins.
Mould written about in the bible
Seen as a body and a spiritual illness.
Mould mentioned in Ayurveda, under the category of “Krimi.”
Mould in the livestock food chain, killing animals
Mould causes cravings
- The simpler the carbs, the better. But mould would really prefer you go straight for the sugar.
- People on long-term steroid medication, mold in the gut becomes a dense biofilm.
- This biofilm hosts the gut fungus candida – which steals the nutrients for itself, leaving our intestine deprived.
- Mold sufferers are craving these carbs and sugars because the candida is stealing it!
- Ayurveda and Candia = agnimandya.
- Ama accumulates in apana vata in the lower digestive tract.
- It ferments and putrefies and inhibits beneficial flora from proliferating.
- Under these conditions, yeast can spread freely.
- Then is the intestinal aborsorbtion of ama into the blood and liver. Then into the 7 dhatus.
- Treatments: 1. Restore agni. 2. Build immunity and remove ama.
Mould weakens the gut brain barrier and weak blood brain barrier (BBB), which can make someone hypersensitive to foods with sulphur, grains, sulphur, environmental toxins.
Mold sickness is hard to identify. So here are some tips:
- an allergy could actually be mould at the core. If a normally healthy person has either moved or taken a new job, and the next season develops a new allergy.
- If symptoms are worse on rainy days, after snow melt, barometric pressure changes and after eating carbs.
Mould increases sensitivity to EMF
It creates mitochondrial dysfunction and depletes glutathione.
Native EMF, such as exercise and movement, can trigger symptoms with someone with mould!
When we move our body (exercise) it triggers good EMF which activates symptoms to those sensitive. Thus, people become lazy. They get toxic from exercise.
Dr. Jill sees that most of those who are sensitive to EMF have nature deficient disorder.
Ways to Prevent Mould From Growing in Your House
Mould can grow on a surface when moisture is there for 24-48 hours. To prevent that from manifesting:
- Do not leave wet towels or swimmers on a wooden surface like a wooden chair, wooden tablet, window sill etc.
- Clean up right after a spill on wood.
- Use the kitchen fan on.
- When having a hot (steamy) shower, use the exhaust fan.
- Use a dehumidifier on the lower levels of your house and monitor your humidity.
- Don’t have cupboard boxes on the floor in store rooms.
- Don’t store your possession under your bed. Let there be a free flow underneath.
- When building storage units, put it on stilts so there is space underneath.
- Build with bricks, not sticks (wood).
- Get an air filter. Or use your lungs. However, one you can change, and the other you can’t. Change the filter regularly.
- “Dust with gusto” – dust your house.
Dust – one of the easiest ways to feed mold.
Add high indoor humidity and you’ve just fed and watered mold spores.
If you have a dusty humid environment, you are a successful mould farmer. Get a dehumidifier! It is worth the cost.
Cooking food – turn the vent on. Taking a shower ? Turn the vent on. High outdoor humidity? Close up and turn on the AC and use a dehumidifier. All basements need dehumidifiers.
- air movement – don’t use under your bed as storage.
- dust-free spaces
- lack of clutter
- mould-killing essential oils
The importance and power of sunlight to prevent and treat mould illness – in buildings and humans.
Mould in wine
Grapes are very prone to mould.
Drink wine that are independently testing for mycotoxins.
Mould in Food
Also look out for mould in foods, and pet food.
Testing for Mould
- Dr. Jill Cristas questionar.
- Urine test for mycotoxins. Mycotoxins that leave the body. But not for all as some people have impaired detox symptoms they can’t get these toxins transported to the urine. – Reduces foods high in mycotoxins before doing this test.
- such as the Great Plains MycoTOX profile and Vibrant Wellness both use good technology.
- Since sick patients may have their mycotoxins sitting in their cells and not being eliminated, do not take glutathione or binders for 48 hours before the test, so the test shows true levels.
- Blood tests – including Immune globulin reaction to candida albicans for candida overgrowth.
- Shoe maker eye test.
- Stool – can check for fungal overgrowth in the gut, which means fungus burdening all over the body. Don’t take probiotics before this test.
- organic acid – Great Plains –
- Natural Killer Cell function test – how active they are. below 7 = deeply affected.
- MARCoNS (Multiple Antibiotic Resistant Coagulase Negative Staph) and the sample should be sent to Microbiology DX in Massachusetts. – For CIRS. Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.
- Liver anti-oxidant.
- Particularly good for ischemic liver or ischemic hepatitis (Insufficient blood flow using liver injury).
- Rids the body of toxins, chemicals, environmental pollutants and more.
Herbs and Foods
- Neem boosts natural glutathione production, necessary to clean unwanted biofilms out of the small intestine. It cleans the intestinal villi. It supports proliferation of good intestinal bacteria without supports growth of bad intestinal bacteria.
- Triphala – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5567597/
- Anand Sid Yog
- Guduchi – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3644751/
- Amalaki – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994578/
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Kutki – one of Ayurveda’s primary liver tonics.
- Turmeric boosts detox enzymes like glutathione and superoxide dismutase.
- Beetroot – boost liver enzymes, superoxide dismutase (an enzyme with anti-oxidant activity) and glutathione.
Alapha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
- An naturally occurring fatty acid.
- Anti-oxidant – protects you from the violent process of your cells (in your entire body) getting hit, thus damaged by free-radicals thousands of times a day.
- Enhances insulin sensitivity
- Good for auto-immune disease – restores T-cell function. Good for Lupus, RA.
- Gluthathione rejuvenator – good for when you have used up glutathione.
- Foods – spinach, broccoli, kidneys, liver, heart.
The importance of not jumping the gun, and first getting the mould under control before trying to fight, kill or eliminate it.
If you begin killing mould (in your body) without any preparation, you will get sicker.
Dr. Jill’s Treatment Approach
Avoid – get out of the mould environment. Especially if you have become habituated to that environment.
Occurs after a major mold die-off when the killed critters spill their toxic, inflammatory guts all over the place. You get sicker because the body tries to clean up the mess, but it can’t keep up.
Herx isn’t always necessary. More frictionless healing. No pain no gain is a myth – same with healing. Don’t push yourself. Honour rest – that will promote healing.
Healing is Messy
A deeper issue and more damaging issue might be getting although a more acute and superficial imbalance has manifested or re-manifested from the past.
If basic bodily functions are improving, (energy, sleep, digestion, mental state), you’re on the right path.
- Hire a building biologist or certified mould inspector.
- Get a qualified remediator to remove the mould. Then test again independently.
People who need to Stay Out of Mould
- pregnant women
- women who are breastfeeding
- young children
- people with respiratory conditions
- peoples with liver disease
- people with kidney disease
- people with immune deficiency
- people with cancer
- genetically mould sensitive (canaries in the coal mine)
Prevalence in Mould in Society & Buildings:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) in USA estimates that 1 out of 4 buildings had enough water damage to grow toxic mould, that negatively affect human health.
- Australia – 50% or more have water damage.
- Waterproofing starts to fail in 7-10 years – Nicole Bhiljsma.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Please leave me a comment below (I love to read every single one).