We now know that microwaves have a seriously negative impact on our food and body, and yet many households continue to have one. I admit it can be hard at first to go about ditching the microwave. It is important to therefore understand the other (much healthier) methods of cooking and heating that can be used instead.
You’ve decided to put your health first, so how do you replace the convenience of the microwave? It’s all about becoming more efficient in the kitchen, a skill you will surely develop.
Here are 6 simple tips for those interested in ditching the microwave oven for good...
1. Soaking lentils and grains reduces their cooking time. You can soak them for about 2 hours and then a cook a dahl dish in 15 minutes. The classical Ayurvedic dish, Kitchari, takes even less time to cook. If you are cooking heavier lentils soak them for longer. The longer you soak, the quicker they will cook. Take care not to sprout the grains by soaking them for too long.
2. Pre-chop: Chop a bunch of veggies, grate fresh ginger and finely chop garlic and keep them categorised in containers ready to be thrown in the oven, your curry, stir fry or to steam a meal. This is not ideal but for those who are time poor.
3. Prepare your meals in advance: For the days when you’re too busy or too tired to cook, prepare 2-3 meals in one go for that day or two. Just be sure to reheat it on the stove. This is not ideal, fresh is always best, but for those who are time poor.
4. Stove Heating: Get familiar with it. Cooking and heating foods this way is faster than you think.
Expand Cooking Skills
5. Steam Oven: If it’s within your budget or you are doing up a new kitchen, consider getting this awesome new appliance.
Detox and Revive
Even radiation in low levels is persistent and can accumulate in your body over time, eventually manifesting as various kinds of disease. Is it radiation that is causing your ailments? Avoiding microwaves, radiation and other toxins is ideal. Also supporting your body daily with herbs and foods to detox the toxins that we invariably encounter.
The Vital Short Home Cleanse
A “DIY” Detox and Rejuvenation Program - 5 Days to Revitalise Your Digestion, Metabolism, & Energy Levels.
“You are what you eat” is certainly true.
If you eat heavy, damp, leftover foods you will feel heavy, congested, dull and become prone to depression, sluggishness, fatigue and brain fog.
By comparison, if you eat light, prana-rich food cooked fresh with love you will feel light, energised and full of love!
But also consider how you eat.
In what environment do you eat? How fast do you eat it? How long after the previous meal are you eating it? How do you transform or cook it?