Listen on iTunes
Epidemics of chronic diseases are exponentially growing alongside our modern lifestyle.
Ayurveda has never been so relevant to humanity than right now. And what the 2017 Nobel Prize for Medicine was won for supports this, because it was won for “Circadian Medicine,” which is basically “Ayurveda 101” (living in tune with nature’s circadian rhythms).
Half of the men reading this will get cancer in their life. 1 in 3 women will get cancer. Diabetes, auto-immune diseases, infertility, premature blindness, autism, dementia, Alzheimer’s and more are all rapidly taking over the bodies of our population
Two big culprits recently on the block are talked about: Excessive exposure to EMF (electro-magnetic fields) and blue light. Dylan shares ways to mitigate the effects of these, from very simple no-brainer adjustments to bigger steps to be more proactive in changing aspects of your life to take control of your health.
Dylan also shares basic principles and concepts of Ayurveda.
This is a recording of a talk Dylan did in February 2018 at Bondi Meditation Centre in Sydney, hosted by Matt Ringrose. It was so well received he had to share it with you...
About Dylan Smith
Founder, Ayurvedic practitioner, holistic health educator and proponent of Vedic wisdom, Dylan Smith, has a holistic passion to teach patients to effortlessly integrate new habits into their daily life. Dylan is devoted to learning, sharing and radiating this ancient knowledge for everyone to utilise and enjoy, to experience total wellness and bliss. Read more about Dylan here.
In this Episode we Discuss:
- What is Ayurveda: The Science of Life. (05:15)
- The 2017 Nobel Prize for Medicine was basically “Ayurveda 101.” (06:30)
- The 5 Element and 3 Dosha Theories of Ayurveda to simplify medicine. (08:42)
- Why Meditations are deeper and more transcending before sunrise. (11:13)
- The true definition of “a healthy person” according to Ayurveda. (12:03)
- Re-establishing fat metabolism for optimum energy levels, mood regulation and more.
- The epidemic of pre-mature blindness from macular-degeneration and blue light. (22:02)
- EMF (Electro-magnetic fields): a high biologically active cause of chronic disease. (23:53)
- “Abhyanga” to shield from EMF, energy, and many other benefits, (25:05)
- Why EMF is the new cigarettes. (35:00)
- Transcending disease. (38:52)
- Pesticides and Chemicals (41:25)
- The importance of pure physiology preconception and during pregnancy.
- Tongue Scraping.
- Ghee (Clarified butter) as a superior source of cooking oil. (45:05)
- Nasya: Lubricating the brain. (45:35)
- Way to enhance your microbiome: Eat food cooked with love, eat ghee, do self-abhyanga. (46:32)
- Dr. Jack Kruse - super-genius.
- How to reduce blue light on your phone (for iPhone): Settings > Displays & Brightness > Night Shift > then adjust the "From" and "To" so that it is only one for one minute a day, e.g. "From 3am To 2:59am" and adjust Colour Temperature to Most Warm.
- Blue light blocking glasses.
- Iris Tech: Blue light blocking software for computer.
- Building Biology - our home as the next outer layer after our skin.
- Study found 200 industrial pollutants found in the umbilical cord blood.
- Abhyanga (Ayurvedic Massage) - free poster.
- The Lowdown on Ghee.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.