Ayurveda recommends necklaces and garlands (Malas) impregnated with certain herbs for various conditions such as:
- Respiratory issues such a cough, asthma, hiccup (prana vaha srota imbalances).
- Emit anti-viral and anti-bacterial effect.
- Protect from negative forces (bhutas, raksasas, dosha drusti).
This is primarily used for children. It is advised for new borns and their mother (even if health) for protection at this vulnerable time.
Crush the following:
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Ajwain seeds - 2 tsp
- Camphor - 5 tablets (such as those used in puja). - replace camphor or add more camphor every 2 days.
- 1 drop of Prandhara (optional for greater effect).
- Crush all together
- Make into 5 knots and keep in cloth.
- Wear over the t-shirt, only on front side, near the nose.
- Don't let it touch the skin as this can aggravate some children.
Wear as much as you want throughout the day.
Recipe by Vaidya Padma Nayani Raju